Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Conversation in Walmart

I have been gone once again, and have some fun things to write about. But today I have a conversation I just couldn't resist sharing. My two little boys and I took a walk with the double stroller to Walmart to get a few things to make cupcakes. I was looking for a cake mix when a lady came up to me and asked if the boys were twins. You would be amazed that this question is asked me almost weekly, even though it seems obvious that Gavin is much bigger than Griffin.  I figure people just look at the double stroller and not at the kids. Anyway, I smiled and gave my usual answer that they are just 18 months apart. She then told me that her and her sister were only 13 months apart and it was lots of fun. I smiled, gave a simple reply, and started looking for my next item. I turned the corner and she followed me. Her next question came as quite a surprise,
"Do you want to know how to make a girl?"
I just looked at her in shock and said "um, I think I am okay."
"But it is really fun to make a girl. I read a book all about positions and how to get the sex you want."
"Oh wow," I said because nothing else was coming to mind.
"And making a girl is really fun." The look on her face was pure excitement. And I was just terrified as to what would come next. So I said the only thing I could think of.
"That's cool, but I think I am okay."
At that moment Gavin started screaming because Griffin was kicking his seat. I turned my full attention to their fight and walked away as quickly as possible. It might have been the first time I was grateful my kids were throwing fits in a store.  

2 comments:

  1. oh. my. gosh. you are kidding me! It never ceases to amaze me how shocking people are. What an awkward predicament, Kathie! So glad that the boys helped you maneuver out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, I wanted to hear what else she had to say!

    ReplyDelete