Saturday, October 20, 2012

A peaceful dinner

Jim has been working late a lot lately which means my cooking is pretty nonexistent. My appetite has finally returned with full force. The other night scrambled eggs, or a peanut butter sandwich just wasn't going to cut it. I was craving a good stir fry, so I bravely attempted to cook. Evening time is usually the time when the boys fight or get into trouble. Making dinner is always a headache if Jim isn't around to entertain them. But this night the boys gave me the best gift. Not once in all the time I was chopping or cooking did they scream, fight, or come ask for my help. After it was done cooking, I looked over and they were still playing happily, so I decided to sit down and eat all by myself. I ate my whole bowl without one interruption, and it tasted delicious! It was so relaxing and rejuvenating. There is never a meal where I don't get up at least three times. 


Of course the peace and quite for me meant a trail of toys all through the house. But the mess was worth it. Because a peaceful dinner time is like a mini vacation for this mom.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment